112學年度第1學期逕讀博士班報名至3/15止( 2023 Direct Admission to the Doctoral Program )
NYCU Institute of Physics
Operations and Schedule of Application for Direct Admission to Doctoral Program for Fall Semester 2023
Article 1. Applicants:
- Undergraduate students of National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University, National Tsing Hua University and National Chengchi University who graduate in the current year (including those who apply to graduate early).
- Master students of National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University, National Tsing Hua University and National Chengchi University.
Article 2. Application:
- Application period: March 1st – March 15th
- Please submit to Institute Office of IOP “National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University Application Form of Direct Admission to Doctoral Program”, transcript for all semesters of undergraduate and master program with ranking, one autobiography, one statement of purpose, 2 letters of recommendation by associate professors or above, and other useful supporting documents such as rewards, published papers, and so on.
- Application forms submitted by master students of National Tsing Hua University and National Chengchi University should have the signature of their advisors and directors of the department/institute (the signature is not necessary for undergraduate students who graduate in the current year).
Article 3. Examination and administration procedure:
The quota of direct admission to doctoral program: 2
- 台灣聯合大學系統學生逕修讀博士學位作業要點 https://tinyurl.com/2jnngc7u
- 「國立陽明交通大學逕修讀物理研究所博士學位作業規定」、申請表、推薦書。 https://tinyurl.com/ygtovwff
Article 4. Application form and related regulations:
- ” National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University Regulations of Direct Admission to Doctoral Program ” https://tinyurl.com/2j4abcaw
- ” Regulations for Direct Admission of Students of the University System of Taiwan to PhD Program ” https://tinyurl.com/2jnngc7u
- ” NYCU Institute of Physics Regulations of Direct Admission to Doctoral Program “, Application, and Letter of Recommendation for Applying. https://tinyurl.com/yhz7oxr5
Article 5. Scholarships and grants (for details, please contact the Institute Office):
“Institute of Physics of National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University Implementation Regulations for Scholarships and Grants for Graduate Students”
Article 2. Scholarship for doctoral program:
The first year Ph.D. students can receive the scholarship by advisors’ recommendation. In principle, each advisor can recommend at most one Ph.D. student every academic year. For each recommended Ph.D. student, the amount of scholarship is NTD 8,000 dollars per month, and the period is limited to 12 months.